University of Utah Health is adding additional Facilitators and Recreational Therapists to our Ropes Challenge Course team at UNI!
We’re seeking outgoing individuals with experience in facilitating group activities (e.g. coaching, summer camps, ski instructors, counselors) to join our awesome team.
This position is responsible for planning and implementing community-based challenge course groups. Facilitators will also gain professional experience in project development, managing technology platforms, and multimedia initiatives. Experience directly in Ropes is not required.
Training schedules may be flexible, and facilitators are required to complete 40 hours of orientation and prior to facilitating groups.
PRN/part-time shifts and hours may vary from week to week, depending on classes and schedules. Facilitators can expect to work up to an average of 15-25 hours per week during the spring/summer/fall.
Employment starts no later than May 4th, and interviews will begin in March. Apply online now to be considered!
- Facilitates community groups on the challenge course.
- Ensures overall physical, emotional health and safety of group members while on course.
- Introduces customers to the community program and ensures necessary health and information forms are complete.
- Assembles and disassembles challenge course equipment. Inspects and maintains equipment.
- Plans the sequence of provided programs and facilitates activities to meet group goals.
- Attends challenge course technical trainings and meetings.
- Documents, reports and evaluates equipment, challenge course use and related incidents.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Ability to make decisions related to the participant’s emotional, physical health and safety issues involving equipment and the course.
- Must possess the skills to handle emergency situations in a calm and competent manner.
- Must demonstrate understanding of group process, group stages and group facilitation skills.
- One year of previous challenge course facilitator experience or equivalency.
- Successful completion of the University Neuropsychiatric Institute (UNI) R.O.P.E.S. training requirements.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
- Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department._**
- Bachelor’s degree in Social and Behavioral Science, Human Services or related field.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate work that may exert up to 50 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects while providing patient care to those with psychiatric conditions.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Walking
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
The University of Utah Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah Health Care is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For questions, contact Joe at email@example.com or 801-587-3148