Job Title: Recreational Therapist
Supervisor’s Title: Sr Clinical Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Class: Professional
Job Purpose: Provide experiential tasks, activities, and leisure education groups to students.
Duties and responsibilities
- Works 16-24 hours as a Residential Staff Member (including Wednesday 7 AM-3 PM & Saturday 7
- Works 16-24 hours planning RT groups, completing paperwork, planning trips, joining, activities
- Provide 2 RT groups per week.
- Plans and executes company wide joining each quarter.
- Dictate progress notes in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete the RT section of each master treatment plan for each student.
- Provide all Sunrise families with RT sessions during Family Event.
- Plan therapeutic assignments for all Sunrise families during Family Event.
- Plan and lead sunrise ceremonies.
- Plan and assist with transition ceremonies as assigned.
- Service projects as assigned.
- Assist with shift bonding as needed.
- Plan and execute solo’s once per month.
- Plan for the bi-yearly campus wide camping trips, including equipment set up and take down, RT
sessions, nightly activities, and other duties as assigned.
- Plan and execute 1-2 student leadership trips per year.
- Coordinate activities and events with staff and managers.
- Maintain a current employee file (CPR, First Aid, NCI, etc.)
- Attend yearly RT training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Company Policies and practices (see training manual)
- Knowledge of disorders and other pertinent issues facing the students and their families
- Knowledge of the laws regarding documentation, reporting, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the values program.
- Skill in discernment and therapeutic theory and intervention.
- Skill in communicating concepts and expectations.
- Skill in planning and implementing RT sessions.
- Ability to hold appropriate boundaries with students and parents.
- Ability to assess and interpret student behavior.
- Ability to use basic computer software and hardware.
- Ability to manage budget and other allocated resources.
The position requires state licensure and national certification. The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Therapy. Experience beyond an internship is preferred but not required.
- Normal conditions of a typical residence with the absence of disagreeable elements.
|Seeing: reading and computer use||X|
|Hearing: communication with coworkers, and clients||X|
|Fingering/grasping/feeling: writing, typing, phone use||X|
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.