Kostopulos Dream Foundation, also known as Camp Kostopulos, offers year round internships! Here are the following Intern Responsibilities:
1. Act as an integral member of the summer camp program team. Assist with paperwork such as camper histories.
2. Provide supervision, instruction, and ongoing assistance to program staff, campers, and volunteers during programs. Facilitate and lead assigned groups and activities such as-arts and crafts, music, drama, horses, ropes course, and more.
3. Assessments of Participants: Including reviewing documentation, personal interview, and observation. Formal written interviews will be completed by TR interns.
4. Develop individualized intervention plans for participants after assessments.
5. Shadow CTRS. Facilitate activities under direction of intern supervisor.
6. Complete evaluation forms after activities and review with supervisor.
7. Evaluate campers who received an assessment during the week.
8. Assist Program Manager & Coordinators in preparing program areas for summer. Plan and implement programs and activities: Including writing goals and objectives, writing activity plans, and making necessary arrangements.
9. Assist Program Manager in providing supervision and guidance to program by articulating expectations, displaying model behavior, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships
10. Follow protocol regarding handling of behaviors and special needs; gives Program Manager & Coordinators input & feedback on effectiveness of behavior protocols.
11. Assist in implementing schedules for all areas of assigned camp programs including; facilities, special events, staff, meetings, etc.
12. Assist Program Manager & Coordinators in leading and facilitating ropes course groups
13. Respond to any critical situations that may arise with participants, staff or environment.
14. Supervise and assist in the following tasks: Supervision of participants, administering behavior protocol as directed, administering all medical protocol as directed, verbal and physical assistance, lifeguarding, and accomplishing all other tasks as directed.
15. Monitors safety of all aspects of the program and campers.
16. Communicate all pertinent issues affecting the programs to Program Manager & Coordinators (i.e. staff/client/ parent/transportation issues & concerns, etc), in a timely manner.
17. Responsible for implementing policies and procedures regarding facilities and van including but not limited to; ensuring proper paperwork is filled out prior to departing, reporting damages to Director of Operations, using backer when exiting a parking spot, etc…
18. Participate in all required trainings and certifications in compliance with the organization’s standards.
19. Create a nurturing, positive and professional environment while promoting program policies and procedures amongst staff, volunteers and community.
20. Communicate clearly, honestly and respectfully with all staff, participants, parents and volunteers.
|Company / Organization Name:||Internships – Fall, Spring, Summer|
1. Must be 21 years of age and have a clean criminal background check.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, experience driving a 15 passenger van is preferred.
3. Knowledgeable of Cognitive & Physical Disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, developmental delays, spina bifida, etc required
4. Previous experience working with individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities required.
5. Excellent interpersonal communication skills
6. Demonstrated history of responsibility, dependability, and maturity
7. Current First Aid/CPR and lifeguard certification
8. Ability to be flexible, creative and adaptable to situations
9. Ability to consistently lift, carry and load adaptive and other sports equipment that may weigh 50 or more pounds, and sustain physical activity for 20 consecutive minutes.
10. Must be able to commit to contracted dates.
11. Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment
12. Appropriate TR coursework.
|Contact Name:||Kye James|
|Application Instructions||email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Location:||4180 Emigration Canyon, Salt Lake City, UT 84108|