Internships are highly productive learning experiences for preparing students to enter the job market. Intern positions are available at the State Hospital working on several Units with a variety of patients and age ranges. You will be part of the RT department associating with 20 Recreation Therapists. While working with assigned RT’s you will have opportunities to plan and lead TR sessions, coordinate with other professional staff, learn how to document your work and the progress of patients. There are opportunities to run groups on and off campus, providing community re-integration. Staff meetings and training’s are a regular routine for RT staff and interns. Interns find rewarding experiences in outdoor activities year round. Patient ages range from children through adult years, with a variety of mental and emotional challenges, short term and long term. Many of the latest research methods are employed in the Treatment Teams efforts to improve the quality of life for our patients. Internships are offered year round with a stipend of $840.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be cleared to participate in the Intern program requirements of your university.
- Must be working on your Recreation Therapy degree from an accredited college.
- Must be mentally, emotionally and physically sound, able to engage and provide meaningful RT treatment.
- Must be able to work with assigned Recreation Therapists and the entire treatment team.
|Company / Organization Name:||Utah State Hospital|
|Position Title:||Recreation Therapy Intern|
|Contact Name:||Gary Ethington|
|Application Email / Phone / URL:||(801) 344-4447|