Recreation Therapy Internship at the Behavioral Health Center. 14 weeks/560 hours. Full-time, unpaid experience. Work with adults and adolescents in acute and residential mental health. Apply skills learned in university coursework. Develop competence in all job tasks of a Recreation Therapist. Experience the therapeutic recreation process. Become a practicing member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
|Company / Organization Name:||Behavioral Health Center|
|Position Title:||Recreation Therapy Intern|
|Minimum Requirements||• An Affiliation Agreement between your University and our Facility must be in place before applying for the internship. If you’re unsure if there is such an agreement in place, first contact your internship supervisor. If there are further concerns, please call us.
• Meet the academic path requirements outlined in NCTRC prior to starting the internship. See http://www.NCTRC.org, Information for New Applicants.
|Contact Name:||Kristen Sargis|
|Application Instructions||Go to eirmc.com/professionals/bhc-internship.dot to get the application. Please be sure to submit all parts of the application. You will not be considered for an internship until we receive every part of the application. You may send separate sections as you complete them or send the entire application all at once, it’s up to you. Please use a .pdf format when emailing. Ensure all documents are legible look professional. You may need to follow up with individuals who are writing letters of recommendation for you – waiting for these letters has held up applications in the past.
1. Cover letter, including:
2. Current resume:
3. Essay Questions (see online). Please respond to all 12 items.
4. Two letters of recommendation (both professional). Please have the professional send signed letters to the BHC or email letters directly to the BHC.
5. Official transcripts to verify the completed coursework.
6. Provide a class schedule or some other indication of classes you are currently enrolled in that include required coursework.
7. A copy of your university’s Internship Course Description including the following:
8. Any additional forms required by the university in order to approve the internship site.
|Location:||Idaho Falls, Idaho|