Salt Lake Behavioral Health is seeking a dynamic and talented Expressive Therapist. We are a private, freestanding, 118- bed, acute psychiatric hospital; specializing in mental health and chemical dependency. We provide a wide range of services and programs that offer evidence-based treatment proven to have positive outcomes for our patients. Our inpatient and day hospital, or outpatient services offer supportive and compassionate care for adults through specialty programs that are tailored to meet the needs of our patients.
The Expressive Therapist is responsible for planning and implementing therapeutic services for assigned program, which involves defining, and implementing treatment goals as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and providing continuous patient care, observation, interaction, and role modeling to patients
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Occupational, Art, Music, or Recreation therapy, humanities, social work or related therapeutic discipline, or a Masters degree in Art Therapy, preferred.
- Experience: One (1) year of related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques with understanding of mental illness, preferred.
- Licensure: Certification or licensure by state and/or national governing body in one of the following areas: art, occupational, recreation (state license), or music therapy preferred.
- Additional Requirements: Successful completion of CPR Certification and successful completion of Preventative Management Aggressive Behavior Training (MANDT) prior to assisting with a restraining procedure and within 90 days of employment. May be required to work overtime and flexible hours. Current Lifeguard and First Aid certifications if conducting swimming activities.
This opportunity provides the following:
- Salt Lake Behavioral Health provides a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to “UHS or UHS facilities” on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms “we,” “us,” “our” or “the company” in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.