New Focus Academy, a Residential Treatment Center located in beautiful Heber City, Utah, is hiring a full-time Recreation Therapist.
New Focus Academy assists students with a variety of cognitive, social, and emotional struggles affecting their ability to manage their interpersonal relationships and daily life. Our students are between the ages of 12 to 18 years old, are uniquely abled, and have neurodiverse minds. Some labels typically associated with our students are:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (High to Moderate functioning)
- Attention Disorders (ADHD, ADD, etc.)
- Executive Functioning Deficits
- Learning Disorders
- Low Working Memory
- Low Processing Speed
- Nonverbal Learning Deficits
- Prenatal Substance Exposure (fetal alcohol, etc.)
- Social Pragmatic Communication Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
Our Recreation Therapist is responsible for the following duties:
- Implementation and documentation of all aspects of the TR process as outlined by the ATRA Standards of Practice.
- Organizing Recreation Therapy outings and the logistics involved with that such as: budget, transportation, meals, medication management, etc..
- Regular inspection and maintenance of all gear and recreation equipment.
- Communicate effectively with other team members and participates in team meetings.
- Under the supervision of a staff physician, administers medication to students according to facility guidelines and training.
Minimum of a B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited Recreation Therapy program.
Training and Experience:
Must have current TRS or MTRS licensure as well as CTRS certification.
If you are awesome and want to work on an awesome team, contact John Webb.