First and foremost, you will be responsible for doing your part to help build and maintain a world-class addiction recovery facility.
Recreation Therapist will assess therapeutic goals and objectives related to each client, and provide client specific therapeutic recreational activities in order to help the client develop in knowledge, abilities, social skills and emotional functioning. Consult with clinical team, and as appropriate, plan for normalized recreational and leisure sober activities and sober experiences.
Plan, organize, develop, and implement quality interventions for patients, ensuring that the recreational, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and social needs of each patient are met.
- Performs assessments on clients and develops therapeutic and normalized recreational activities plans, including protocols of groups and activities. Implements the client-specific therapeutic recreation programs and analyzes effectiveness of programs.
- Attends and participates in various regular meetings, including weekly clinical meetings.
- Collects and compiles data; and prepares, updates, and maintains various records, including daily documentation, schedules, budget/expenditures, etc. Prepares various reports and assessments as needed.
- Provides direction to direct care teams in organizing and planning recreational and leisure activities and schedules.
- Take groups on recreational therapy outings and participate in community reintegration leagues, i.e., softball
- Help organize and facilitate community service events
- Conducts assessments, discharge notes, treatment review (weekly)
- Maintain documentation of all recreation assessments and groups
- Encourages and educates patients to manage symptoms through increased self-awareness and understanding of stressors/triggers/barriers
- Planning and preparing materials for group activities
- Conducts psycho-education groups (i.e., meditation, mindfulness, DBT, coping skills)
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Abide by a budget
- Recreation Therapy Program development
- Saturdays required
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned, in alignment with their experience and scope of practice.
- Current CTRS, TRS
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Drive company van to transport patients participating in those groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field.
- Six months related experience.
- First Aid/CPR certified within 90 days of employment.
- Related experience in the field of social services and/or mental health desired.