Willow Wood Care Center has an immediate opening for a full-time Activities Assistant!
The Activities Assistant works under general supervision responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating the activity program under the general direction of the Activities Director. The activity program will assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interest, physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
• Schedule and coordinate leisure activity programs to meet the needs of all in house residents.
• Develop and plan activity programs to allow participation by residents within their capabilities.
• Work with the interdisciplinary team to schedule activities and meet survey requirements.
• Complete a Comprehensive evaluation on each resident.
• Document the individual activity assessment and activity plan using the appropriate process and forms. Maintains appropriate documentation.
• Establish an active Volunteer Program
• Develop a plan to effectively use community resources and serve as the facility’s liaison to these resources.
|Company / Organization Name:||Avalon Health Care Group – Willow Wood Care Center|
|Minimum Requirements||• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, an Associate’s degree preferred
• Be a licensed or registered Activity Professional or Recreational Therapist or successfully complete a training course.
• Must have two years’ experience a social/recreational setting in a long-term care
• Work Independently and be self-motivated, organize and prioritize work and assignments, meet deadlines, write reports and communicate clearly • Be creative, reliable, and flexible
• Work well with people of all ages, think clearly and make appropriate decisions
• Evaluate residents to assist in the development of the individual activity program
• Interpret residents’ psychosocial needs and strengths and goals
• Develop Strong interpersonal relationships & demonstrate initiative and integrity
• Identify changes in behavior in residents and communicate these changes
• Record development to reflect appropriate participation in programs.
• Understanding and working with elderly people
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must be able to maintain excellent attendance
• Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
|Application Deadline||Until Position is Filled|
|Contact Name:||River Tabakian|