Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
Provides direct and indirect patient care, supervises AT assistants in the acute care and partial hospital setting. Communicates with physicians/director/charge nurse/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of assessment and treatment modalities. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Provides skill building opportunities and discharge lifestyle suggestions on all assessed patients.
- BS/Masters from an accredited University with degree in Therapeutic Recreation and Current Certified Therapeutic Recreational Therapist registration (CTRS), Certified by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) OR
- Masters Degree in one or more of the following: Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Physical Education or Dance Therapy with current cerifications.
Current Certified Therapeutic Recreational Therapist registration.
Annual CPI certification or recertification.
Biannual BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
Completion of mid-cycle CPR demonstration.
- Ability to read and communicate effective in English.
- At least 2 years experience in Behavioral Health preferred.
- Additional languages preferred.