Kostopulos Dream Foundation is seeking a full time program coordinator. The following is a list of job responsibilities and duties.
1. Act as an integral member of the programs team (participate in department meetings, planning meetings, etc.).
2. Responsible for developing and implementing community-based programs and summer camp programs.
3. Recruit, coordinate and oversee volunteers. Ensure that each volunteer has an application on file, send out monthly list of activities, and provide the Finance and Grants Manager with relevant statistics by the end of each month.
4. Assist Program Manager in implementing schedules for all areas of camp programs (e.g. facilities, special events, interns, staff, meetings, etc.) and oversee the preparation of cabins and camper groups during summer camp.
5. Assist Program Manager in organizing/facilitating comprehensive trainings and meetings for all program staff including all summer, fall, and spring program staff and interns and prepare program areas for summer.
6. Assist Program Manager in the recruitment process for program staff and interns, including advertising at career fairs, interviewing selection, and completing hiring paperwork requirements.
7. Provide supervision/guidance to program staff and interns; articulate expectations, display model behavior, maintain open communication, and define respective roles and relationships.
8. Assist the Program Manager with, supervision and evaluation of program staff and assure program areas remain safe, organized and stocked through the summer.
9. Collect/organize paperwork from program staff including time sheets, activity plans, progress notes, roll sheets; provides to the Program Manager.
10. Assist Program Manager with the maintenance of accurate program and administrative records.
11. Assist Program Manager in preparing summary and evaluation of current season including inventories, participant reports, and recommendations for the following season.
12. Maintains participant and prospect database/records and updates contact information.
13. Collaborate with Finance and Grants Manager and Program Managers to develop marketing materials.
14. Facilitate communication between participants, parents, and staff; address/resolve conflicts, child development issues, and parental concerns relative to participant or program activity.
15. Responsible for the preparation of the Travel Trip itineraries and for overseeing the Travel Trip program.
16. Collaborate with the Program Managers to ensure compliance and licensing for the camp and its staff. Establish and maintain policies and procedures to be compliant with Federal and State regulations, American Camping Association (ACA) accreditation, DSPD, and NCTRC regulations.
17. Collaborate with the maintenance staff to ensure facilities, equipment, and transportation is/are in working order.
18. Maintain up-to-date safety procedures and collaborate with the Program Mangers to plan and implement all required safety training and emergency response drills.
19. Lead and facilitate ropes course groups and team building activities.
20. Respond to any critical situations that may arise with participants, staff or environment.
21. Assist Program Manger in evaluation and re-assessing programs to increase efficiency and customer service.
22. Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
23. Participate in ongoing professional development and maintain current knowledge of best practices in Recreation Therapy, management, and in working with the organization’s target population.
24. Create a nurturing, positive and professional environment while promoting program policies and procedures amongst staff, volunteers and community.
25. Communicate clearly, honestly and respectfully with staff, participants, parents and volunteers.
|Company / Organization Name:||Kostopulos Dream Foundation|
|Position Title:||Program Coordinator|
|Minimum Requirements||1. Passion for Kostopulos Dream Foundation’s mission.
2. Imagination, vision, leadership and integrity.
3. Must have licensure and certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
4. Minimum 2 years’ experience in a position in the TR field preferred.
5. The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize and follow through.
6. A team builder with a track record of effective staff management, including hiring, rewarding, and retaining talented staff members.
7. Ability to juggle many responsibilities at once and operate both independently and as a team member.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point and Publisher) and ability to learn database software.
9. Must be 21 years of age and have a clean criminal background check.
10. Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, experience driving a 15 passenger van is preferred.
11. Knowledgeable of Cognitive & Physical Disabilities, including autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, developmental delays, spina bifida, etc. required.
12. Previous experience working with individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities required.
13. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
14. Demonstrated history of responsibility, dependability, and maturity.
15. Current First Aid/CPR certification.
16. Challenge ropes course experience required.
17. Organized camp experience preferred.
18. Ability to be flexible, creative and adaptable to situations.
19. Ability to consistently lift, carry and load adaptive and other sports equipment that may weigh 50 or more pounds, and sustain aerobic activity for 20 consecutive minutes.
20. Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment.
|Contact Name:||Jamie Blaisdell|
|Application Instructions||Please visit our website at http://www.campk.org and fill out an employment application.|
|Location:||4180 Emigration Canyon Road|