Hello URTA Members and Friends, the following is a message from the Recreational Therapy Foundation:
ATRA ANNUAL DONATION & EVENT INFORMATION
August 20th, 2016
The Recreational Therapy Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2009. Our vision is to recognize and support excellence in Recreation Therapy delivery, research and education. Your contributions make it possible for us to realize the Recreational Therapy Foundation mission of promoting professional Recreation Therapy excellence through sponsorship and support of (1) evidence-based practice research; (2) the use of innovative technology; (3) high quality professional practice, and; (4) exceptional professional education. Since its inception, the Recreational Therapy Foundation has been able to award research grants, scholarships and award recognition to deserving Recreation Therapy professionals across the nation.
Every year, you can find the Recreation Therapy Foundation at a booth in the Exhibitors Hall at the ATRA Annual Conference. This is one of our largest fundraising events. We host raffles, games and events to raise awareness and funds to support the above mentioned mission and grants we issue to recreation therapy efforts around the country.
To make this possible, we are asking you to help! Please consider donating to the RTF, in the form of $5 or $10 giftcards for our Booth event. We would love to receive these cards by Sept. 7th to the address below. If this form of donation does not sound pleasing to you, you may also donate:
1. At our Booth at the ATRA Conference
2. Online at facebook.com/RecreationalTherapyFoundation
3. At our Annual Conference Event at Whirlyball on Sunday night! See below for details:
- When: Sunday, September 11th, 2016
- Where: 800 Roosevelt Rd
Lombard, IL 60148
**less than a mile from the conference**
- Cost: $25 per person, game & appetizers
$10 supportive member, appetizers only
- Details: Whirley ball is a 5-on-5 game, combining bumper cars with lacrosse, basketball and other sports. It is fun and fast! Games rotate every 10-15 minutes. Join us for play, good food and drinks!
Recreation Therapy Foundation
Send cards to: Michele Collins
22 Cedar St
Butler, NJ 07405
Email questions to: Jenny Baweja at jenbaweja01(at)me(dot)com