Under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator II, or III, plans, promotes, and implements programs and events designed and adapted to meet the specific needs of persons with disabilities.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
- Plan, promote, and conduct playgroups for All Abilities Park.
- Plan, promote, and conduct I Am Able events.
- Evaluate Leisure Services Department programs and facilities, and recommend improvements and accommodations that will enhance participation by persons with disabilities.
- Plan, promote, and conduct recreation activities and events to create positive social interaction between individuals with disabilities and those who are typically able.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and evaluate volunteers to assist with programs and events.
- Assist in the drafting and promotion of department inclusion policies and practices.
- Assist with training of department staff regarding adaptive recreation resources, department policies and procedures, ADA, etc.
- Network with individuals, agencies, businesses, and others to promote quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- Become familiar with community resources that provide services to people with disabilities.
- Facilitates requests for reasonable accommodation to rules, policies or practices.
- Recommends purchases of program materials and supplies.
- Schedules facilities to be used for programs and events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
|Company / Organization Name:||City of St. George|
|Position Title:||Adaptive Recreation/Inclusion Coordinator|
|Minimum Requirements||Qualifications Education: Bachelor’s Degree in therapeutic recreation, adaptive or special recreation/education preferred.
Experience: Experience in working with people with intellectual, physical or developmental disabilities, preferably in a recreational setting.
Licenses and/or Certifications: CTRS (Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist) certification or eligibility is desirable.
Must obtain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications within two (2) months of hire which must be maintained throughout employment.
Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of:
|Application Deadline||Until filled|
|Contact Name:||Dianne Hanson, HR|
|Application Email / Phone / URL:||jobs(at)sgcity(dot)org / 435-627-4673 / https://www.sgcity.org/departments/hr/details.php?ID=1734|
|Location:||175 E. 200 N., St. George, Utah 84770|