The recreation therapist helps patients build resiliency and life skills. Other responsibilities include: 1) Interviewing and observing patients to assess physical and mental status, capabilities, and interests, rehabilitation needs and plans appropriate interventions; 2) Designing and developing treatment programs and interventions addressing patients assessed needs; and 3) Developing treatment goals and evaluating patients progress toward goals and revises goals as needed.
Qualifications required for the first day of work:
- Knowledge of recreation therapy interventions and practices.
- Knowledge of psychology, human behavior and development.
- Knowledge of individual and group therapy principles.
- Knowledge of recreational activities and related equipment.
- Knowledge of mental illness, chemical dependency, traumatic brain injury, developmental disabilities; medical and physical disabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and make oral presentations.
- Ability to operate personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, including using spreadsheets, word processing, database, email, internet, and other computer programs.
|Company / Organization Name:||Montana State Hospital|
|Position Title:||Recreation Therapist|
|Minimum Requirements||Bachelor’s degree in therapeutic recreation.
One year recreation therapist experience.
Completion of approved recreation therapist internships may substitute for the one year of required experience.
National Council for Therapeutic Recreation certification is required within one year of employment.
|Application Deadline||Open until filled|
|Contact Name:||Beth Eastman, CTRS|
|Application Email / Phone / URL:||https://mtstatejobs.taleo.net/careersection/200/jobdetail.ftl?job=15142959 / 406-693-7145|
|Location:||Warm Springs, MT|